- Ultra-lightweight CI4+ Frame, Sideplate and Rotor Construction
- Paladin Gear Durability Enhancement
- Propulsion Line Management System: Propulsion Spool Lip, SR One-Piece Bail Wire, Power Roller III, Redesigned Bail Trip, S-Arm Cam
- Aero Wrap II Oscillation
- SR-Concept: SR 3D Gear, SR Handle, SR One-Piece Bail Wire
- S A-RB Ball Bearings
- Aluminum Spool
- S-Concept: S-Rotor, S-Guard, S-Arm Cam
- Machined Aluminum Handle
- Direct Drive Mechanism (Thread In Handle Attachment)
- Round EVA Handle Grip
- WP Drag (Waterproof Drag)
- Maintenance Port
- Fluidrive II
- Floating Shaft
- Super Stopper II
- Repairable Clicker
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines
This reel is for those Trout Magnet anglers that want the best that Shimano makes. CI4 stands for Carbon Interfusion with the 4 referring to the number of electrons in the Carbon atom. Ultimately, this means CI4 is reinforced Carbon Fiber. The new CI4+ is the next generation of our CI4 material and 250% stronger. It is over one and a half times stronger than our normal XT-7 graphite and is over 20% lighter. Because it does not contain metal, it is impervious to rust. So, as a result of its strength and weight, we can create an extremely lightweight reel with very precise tolerances and a silky smooth drag system.
- Line Capacity (# test/yards) - 2/270,4/140,6/110
- Gear Ratio - 6.0:1
- Line Retrieve Per Crank (in.) - 29"
- Weight - 6 oz.
- Max Drag - 7 lbs.
- S-ARB Bearings - 6
- Roller Bearings - 1